About Me

Hello :) My name is Becky - welcome to my blog! I love to be creative and arty, and The Crafty Corner is my new "Art Home"! I like to do a variety of arty activities. I do watercolour painting, oil painting, canvasses, acrylic painting, oil pastel work and mixed media work. Art is my way of expressing who i am and what i'm about. I love to try out new things too! Hope you enjoy what you see, and welcome to the journey!

Saturday 21 May 2011

A few little sketches here, and a few little sketches there!

I drew this little fairy a couple of years ago. I remember where i was when i drew it, how i felt at the time, and how i felt after i had finished the sketch. I love her vulnerability and that its purely pencil work. Simplicity sometimes speaks volumes. 


...and this little chappy was drawn for my mum, she adores elephants. She has an "elephant house" where she keeps all her little elephanty ornaments and she particularly loves his sad eyes in this picture. Soft or what?? :)
This little lady is just one of a few fairy drawings i have done - i love fairies and the magic that surrounds them. I see this little one to be learning the tricks of the trade and working towards gaining her "fully fledged fairy" wings...


 This sketch of a butterfly was all about colour and shape - it's slightly unsymmetrical appearance adds to the "relaxed" feeling about the drawing.

 Another fairy, which needs little annotation - it speaks for itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment