About Me

Hello :) My name is Becky - welcome to my blog! I love to be creative and arty, and The Crafty Corner is my new "Art Home"! I like to do a variety of arty activities. I do watercolour painting, oil painting, canvasses, acrylic painting, oil pastel work and mixed media work. Art is my way of expressing who i am and what i'm about. I love to try out new things too! Hope you enjoy what you see, and welcome to the journey!

Monday 25 July 2011

A little something that's a little different!


Soooo, as i am undergoing some pretty significant changes in my personal life, i thought it was high time my creativity had a bit of a face lift! 

Welcoming the new "project" - Icons! 

Marilyn Monroe was such a stunning woman and an iconic figure. But as with all people of all walks of life, there is more to that individual than what can be taken in at face value. 
The idea of this mixed media piece is to highlight that although you are familiar with what you see - you recognise the pictures to be Marilyn Monroe - there was a more colourful and unique side to her than what first meets the eye and what was portrayed in the media. It represents the changing face of the famous...there's always more to it than what you first thought.

I really enjoy this style of work, there's so much you can do with it and it looks great!

No comments:

Post a Comment